Escalate a dispute

Shucrew
Contributor
Contributor
On the dispute communication page it doesn't give me an option to escalate.... How do I do that
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Shucrew
Contributor
Contributor
Where do I find where it says more options. The only thing I see is to mark it as resolved or that I received it and there is a problem but neither of those applies
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

See if these steps work:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822/7

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BuyerBeware_RJ
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same issue.  There was no option on the screen to Escalate.  The only option was Resolve.  I did not want to choose Resolve.  PayPal wound up cancelling my claim saying that I did not Escalate.  I felt like I was in that Catch-22 novel.  First, I tried getting advice through this forum.  Some people were helpful.  Others were not.  The best advice I received was to contact PayPal customer support by telephone (1 (888) 221-1161).   It took a few attempts, but I finally got through to a live customer service rep at PayPal.  I explained the situation to the rep, who was super nice.  She advised me to contact my bank and file a dispute with them for the charge.  My bank was awesome.  They started an immediate investigation and credited the money back to my bank account that originally funded the PayPal transaction.  Note to self, beware of cold calls that try to pre-sell you vacations.  They are likely scammers that need to be locked up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.