Error message

APIA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  

Our website is set up to receive credit card payments through paypal.  Once the customer submits the order form he will be taken through to the Paypal page to input his credit card details.  Since the 26th of September all of our customers encounter the error message that says "We are sorry, things don't appear to be working at the moment.  Please try again later" even though nothing has been changed at our end coding wise.  (Screenshot attached) - does anyone have any clue as to how we can start resolving this issue?

Thank you!
Sue Screen Shot 2016-09-28 at 2.30.53 PM.png 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

aesgatorshack
New Community Member

We are having the exact same issue - no changes were made.  Please help!

Customer gets message "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Login to Me Too

APIA
Contributor
Contributor

When did you start having this problem? 

Our last successful payment received was around 1pm New Zealand time on 26th September.  

Login to Me Too

kn_nz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

I have exactly the same issue. I have looked at the Paypal URL and it says #/checkout/genericError?code=ADDRESS_ERROR at the end. Maybe anyone knows what that means?

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

MaggieKuhn
Contributor
Contributor

I have that same code at the end of my error.

Login to Me Too

Nastya_12743
Contributor
Contributor

I have same error. On what platform your site is running? I use Opencart.

Login to Me Too

prestaheroes
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing this affecting many PrestaShops mine included.

PayPal USA latest version

PrestaShop 1609.

And I do not think this started yesterday it may have started after Sept 23rd.

lost sales for days now....

Contacted PayPal by phone, they stated on their side and were looking at it.

Hurry up!  lol

Login to Me Too

APIA
Contributor
Contributor

We run our website on Adobe Business Catalyst.  Our web developer resolved the issue yesterday.  I am not terribly technical but I was told it has something to do with updating our billing address.... 

Login to Me Too

kn_nz
Contributor
Contributor

Could you please share the changes you made to get it working again? I'm on Adobe Business Catalyst as well and super keen to get my website back up and running. Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too

MaggieKuhn
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem with JotForm.  I have forms that started getting the same error when users went to the payment area to make their payment through PayPal.  I tried the suggestion regarding changing/updating the business address but that didnt' work for me.  I have some older forms that seem to work fine - but I have a hand full that no longer work.  I can't begin to express my disappointment in the slow response I seem to get from support.  I submit a question and it has taken as long as 3 hours to get a response.  Beyond frustrated.  Can anyone help me understand and fix this issue?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.