Endless Messages about my 'Server' Aaargggh!

AZDesertRat
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting these alarming messages in my inbox of my outlook mail set up about 7 months ago by Windows 10. (I foolishly thought that putting all my correspondence in a Windows email would be easier and more secure)  At this point, August 4, 2017, I have gotten at least 200 of these notices (shown below)   I keep getting these ENDLESS, worrisome messages from PayPal that my server or something (that I definitely don't understand) is broken or being 'borrowed'.  However, I STILL GET MY NEW PAYMENT NOTIFICATIONS IN THIS OUTLOOK EMAIL SERVICE ! 

I HAVE CALLED PAYPAL'S ABSYMAL, INCOMPREHENSIBLE, CUSTOMER SERVICE AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES ABOUT THIS - Never once getting a competent answer or the actual solution to this problem.  I am NOT a techy person.  I sell nutriant supplements online.  I never realized that dealing with PayPal would open this Pandora's Box of technical HEADACHES.  Can anyone decifer this message and help me resolve it ?? 

Thank You,  Unhappy With PayPal and their abysmal customer support!

The message is as follows:

"Hello__________,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications, (IPN).  IPNs sent to the following URLs are failing:

https:// unhappyPayPalcustomer@$@tlk.com

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. (what does that even mean?) Pleasec ontact your service provider with the above information.  If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

PayPal

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone.....and so on and so forth, etcetera..............

Please do not reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click "Help & Contact https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home"

Copyright.....blah blah blah.....

PayPal (then a string of identifying numbers)

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.