Email saying I received money but nothing showing up in app

EthanM12
Contributor
Contributor
I recently had someone send me a specific amount of money through PayPal. I got an email saying that they sent it, great! But, after hours of waiting, nothing is showing up in my wallet. Literally nothing has appeared in the app to tell me that it happened, all I got was the email. Help!
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Was the email really from PayPal?  Make sure you verify the real email address.

Check your PayPal acocunt activity on your computer.  If there is no transaction for the payment, then you have no money.

Why did the person send you money?

Did you request money?

Did you send an invoice?

Login to Me Too

EthanM12
Contributor
Contributor

The email says it came from <removed>, is that legit?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to provide the real email address of the sender.  Put a space before or after the @ symbol so it doesn't get removed.

Login to Me Too

EthanM12
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi EthanM12,

My sincere apologies, but we do not allow any email addresses on the forums with the exception of spoof@paypal.com which is where any questionable emails can be forwarded. A key thing to remember is that if it is important enough to email you about, there will be record of it in your PayPal account. Does the email say that you need to "claim" the payment? In that case, it just means that the email address needs to be confirmed on the PayPal account. However, there are key things to look for to help confirm if the email is from us or not. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Also, DPCreations is giving great advice. Common scams create email addresses using our email address as the "name" while the actual email address is something else entirely. 

Thank you! 

- Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Are you sure that is the real email address?  Could it be a spoofed email address to look like it is from PayPal?

Is there a transaction in your PayPal account on your computer?

Login to Me Too

EthanM12
Contributor
Contributor
No there is not
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.