Egyptian Paypal account holders - Send (OK), Receive and Withdrawing Money (FAKE INFORMATION)!

A_AbdelGhani
New Community Member

Hello!

I'm an Egyptian Paypal Account holder, according to a paypal customer letter and some websites and articles from various sources including paypal itself I heard that from 8th of October 2014 Egyptian Account holders will be able to Receive and Withdraw money via their paypal accounts.

and by visiting this page: PayPal Offerings Worldwide and selecting Egypt from the drop-down menu you can confirm the information I'm talking about.

1st Image:

Spoiler

but this seems to be like Fiction not Fact.

because when I log into my account and click the withdraw link here's what I see:

2nd Image:

Spoiler

even when I go to the Request Money link I see this again:

3rd Image:

Spoiler

now, from that annunciation date of 8th of October 2014 I have contacted Paypal customer Services many many times, and I mean it. I contacted the customer service MANY times, and I never got my questions answered or my problem solved.

they called me by phone and while on phone they fixed my problem and I been able to see the WITHDRAW link active and working for my account but only for less than 1 hour then back again to what you see in the image above, means: problem still never solved.

I even heard from one of the customer service staff that contacted me by phone that it'll take up to 1 month for the system to be fully implemented for the Egyptian Customers which means somehow around 10th of November 2014 but nothing happened and today it's: 29th of November 2014 (GMT+2).

now I'm wondering and asking: what is going on here?

I need help understanding what is going on please because no matter how much I contact customer service I never get a convenient answer, not even an understandable one, and I can attach all the messages I got from them to prove to you what I mean by saying that!

please accept my thanks in advance for your answer, and my sincere wishes to you and happy thanks giving to all.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AdamD

Hi A_AbdelGhani -

Thanks for reaching out to us here. I apologize for the frustration that this has caused you. This was a feature that we were hoping to roll out at that time. We have run into some issues with this though. We are working to get through all of the snags and are still hoping to get this out to our customers in those regions as soon as we can.

- Adam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.