Ebay purchase via Paypal/bank, my bank shows paid via PP, but PP no record of transaction

TomSnohomish
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I think I got scammed on ebay.  Mid-july bought some software that was $47 and change USD.

I paid immediately through Paypal that is linked to my bank account.  Of course, after I paid, ebay removed the listing and there is no record of my transaction.  There is no record of the transaction in my Paypal account.  However, in my Bank of America acct that is linked to Paypal, the transaction was recorded as -$47 and change in mid-July. 

I think I got scammed, there is now way I see to file a complaint here since there is no transaction ID!  I did start the complaint through ebay, it shows the item I won but seller has been removed, etc.    I'm confused why the transaction wouldn't show up here on Paypal, in my Bank of America (who I will talk to next), the transcation looks legit: 

"checkcard xxxx , Paypal *TSBU2466 (merchant id i think), (402 phone number that paypal stripped out) (ebay california), then a 20-something digit number that probably has to do with bank acct

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Tom in Snohomish County

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

TSBU2466  sounds like his Ebay ID,did he get suspended on Ebay?

is that why Ebay remove the listing?

do a search on ebay seller and see if he is still there,click on feedback and see if he has been suspended?

if he is supended,eBAY could remove all his listings,why dont yo call Ebay and said you did not receive your item,how do you open a dispute of item not received?   

Login to Me Too

TomSnohomish
Contributor
Contributor

thanks Sumiko for the quick reply.  Yes, the sellers account and listing was removed as soon as I paid.   I did multiple searches to try to find seller (I always save the page of the item i've bid or won).However, ebay must have known, since they have already refunded my money while I was writing this question here today!

So my lesson from this one is ebay knew immediately seller was fraud, but waited until I contacted them (almost a month) before refunding my money, which they did immediately.

thanks

Tom

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.