Ebay Refund Help

sancheh
New Community Member

If an answer is available in the community already, my apologies and if possible send me the link.

Otherwise, I received a return item on ebay.The Refund button disappeared after I had to escalte to ebay for review. Ebay said the option to refund now needs to be via Paypal, but the email address to the customer (from ebay) wasn't going through so ebay said just do a "send money" on paypal instead. I did that, and sent the refund

The question is when the ebayer set up a return the dollar amount was being held by paypal. Since I paid via Send Money rather than refund, how to get paypal to release the amount thats being held. I have sent two messages to support and they only respond by automated message. 

Thanks everyone

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Sounds like eBay gave you bad advice.  You should not do a "refund" by using Send Money because the system won't recognize that the refund has occurred, and you also won't get refunded back the fee that you paid for the PayPal payment.  At this point you're going to need to get the buyer to update the dispute to say they've received a refund, or simply cancel the dispute.  If you can't get them to cooperate on that you'll need to try calling PayPal to discuss the matter and get it resolved over the phone.  At least that's what I would recommend.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.