Downloading old transactions from PayPal into Quicken 2017/ Mac

miker55
New Community Member

Is there anyway to download old PayPal into Quicken? I want to put all my 2017 into Quicken for taxes but it only downloads the last 3 months. And the new Quicken won't open a QIF file. 

Is there any workaround at all? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You should be able to get that done with the API. Specifically, the TransactionSearch API to pull transaction IDs for a given range, and then GetTransactionDetails to pull details about individual transactions. You would then need to generate your own QIF file from this data.

So obviously, if you're not a developer you'll need one to help you with it.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

miker55
New Community Member

I'm not a developer- but Quicken no longer imports in QIF is the problem. PayPal generates a QIF with date range but then Quicken can't read it.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Well, you could generate whatever file type you need. It wouldn't be a cheap solution for a developer to build for you, though. If it's really something you want that badly you can submit a quote request and I'll be happy to discuss the details with you.

Login to Me Too

miker55
New Community Member

No thanks- just looking for a way to do this- not looking to hire someone. PayPal to Quicken should work, somehow. 

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
The activity log / history inside paypal.com is limited as you said. If you're wanting to go back a full year (more at this point) you're going to need to use the API.

I'm not even 100% sure the API will go back that far, so that would have to be tested first. I really can't think of any way around that limitation. Sorry.

Login to Me Too

greatdanejes
New Community Member

You're making no sense.  You can go back more than a full year and pull a QIF report.  However, Quicken will not import it any longer.  PayPal needs to change it's format to "Quicken OFX data".  That's what it reads now -- it will no longer accept a QIF report, so that report is useless.  We shouldn't have to pay a developer to get a standard, Quicken file format that PayPal is just failing to provide.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.