Do not use PayPal warning

ppsksbd
Contributor
Contributor
If value the hard work you do for the money you make then don't deposit in PayPal. There rates are way high and then they want to put holds on your money. They put a hold on my money for no reason and are blaming it on ach when ach standards have just been revised in September to make transfers only take a day. PayPal probably paid their way into an extension or some other sleazy trick and are not honoring the new ACH guidelines. They use the slowest and cheapest method when their fees to us are the highest and yet no premium service. Then they hold customers money for no reason while interest is going to them. Interest on a billion dollars for a day is huge. Yet PayPal wants to play big brother and and monitor what we do. If you don't know what data mining is please look it up because PayPal does just like other companies do. The collect data on individual for targeted advertising and sell it at 100% profit. Then they have the biggest security holes then any other online payment merchant. I just found out this morning after researching ach transfers that PayPal cust are continually targeted and account are hijacked and funds transferred out. Does PayPal close these holes ? I don't think so. I'm an Engineer and off work because of an injury and I have been disrespected, lied to over and over and I sat down and wanted to see if I was in the wrong. Go read the new ach standards and research how high PayPal rates are. Get a NetSpend Greendot or some other prepaid card because keeping your money in PayPal will just leave you hi and dry like it did me. Be smart and please research what you are paying for here and you will discover how bad people are treated and the rules PayPal is breaking. I actually had to send emails to the commission in charge of ach transactions and even they will tell you PayPal record is not up to pare.
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, if people read the user agreement and the FAQs, they will know that there are holds for new sellers or seasoned sellers whose activity spiked drastically or with bad selling performance to ensure there is money to cover disputes, chargebacks, and reversals.  And some transfers maybe held or take longer to process than the next day if PayPal finds there is a problem or there is risk involved or may even depend on your bank.  Some are quick, some may take longer.  It is not like the old days where money gets moved around instantly.  There are new laws and regulations, namely, KYC and AML.  The Patriot Act.  Take a day out to read the documentation so you know how your account works and there'd be no surprises.  

Btw, which rates are you refering to as being high?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ppsksbd
Contributor
Contributor
That's funny because I just read NACHA guidelines but I guess they have nothing to do with ach smh. Why would it take a day to read ? It took me an hr. It's not that difficult to understand. I'm also not a terrorist so what does that have to do with it. Paying almost 3% to let someone hold your money and collect interest on it is kind of steep wouldn't you say ? If not send me your money and I'll just charge you 2% . What do you have to say about their security ? I read article by cyber security experts that have said PayPal has been warned repeatedly about security vulnerabilities and how easy it is for people to lose everything in a matter of seconds. Yet I bet because of spending a few dollars on closing holes in security they would rather blame it on the customer, but like you said what do I know smh. Why don't you take a day to research it on second thought take a week you will need it. If PayPal is going to hide stuff in fine print then it means they are hiding it period. I haven't ripped PayPal off and I'm not a new customer. I have passed every check they have asked but hey I guess there is a secrect PayPal hand shake I don't know about smh again. So please explain to me why the ACH rules have changed yet PayPal doesn't follow them ? If it was a large amount I would understand or from a foreign country. Enlighten me as to why I am such a huge threat to PayPal ? You earned your PayPal cookie today so move along and go bother someone else.
Login to Me Too

ppsksbd
Contributor
Contributor
The way I'm looking at it now is I'm not getting my money from them so I have made other arrangements for my auctions and they even try to stop that. Go and try to have a auction without PayPal and see if it goes through. You have to have a merchant account and it's only certian ones (probaby owned by PayPal) from now on I'm using offer up or some other local ap where I'm in control of my stuff and my money. PayPal thinks it's to big to fail but Enron said that also. What about data mining and selling what you do online ? It's not ok with me.
Login to Me Too

ppsksbd
Contributor
Contributor
What rates ? I guess PayPal does this out of the kindness of their heart smh 2x. Secrect handshake thing I guess smh 5x maybe it's just me but everytime money gets moved there seems to be almost 3% missing. I thought it is was a fee from PayPal lol. Smh infinite. I believe they are the ones that started the whole fee per movement thing that all shops do now. When I was a kid I don't remember my dad every get charged a fee for spending his money somewhere. Where do you think the money to secure the credit PayPal lends out ? Do we get any of that ? So please don't sit here and make replies trying to antagonize me. I'm an educated person so please don't try to portray me as ignorant.
Login to Me Too

Scam101
New Community Member

Agree, especially when selling on Ebay! They held my money, $1700.00 to be exact when I sold my 2007 GibsonLes Paul. The buyer complained the guitar was not as described and complains to Ebay. Ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer! Paypal returned the money to the buyer and I had to pay shipping again to get my guitar back. Guess what, when I got it back it was completly gutted!!!! This jerk of a buyer orchestrated the transaction beautifully,,,,,... Here's the logic, I was the perfect target because he knew I hadn't "sold" anything on Ebay for about 5 years and Paypal via Ebay will hold my funds until he, the buyer gives positive feedback. In short he got the parts he needed, complained to Ebay about the guitar, Ebay sides with the buyer, paypal holds my funds, I dispute and a month later Ebay forced me to PAY to have my guitar sent back to me before he gets to keep the money and gutted guitar. Also, since Ebay had to get involved I wasn't going to get my $170.00 Seller fee back. Yup, thats gone too!!!! DON'T USE PAYPAL. NO ONE NEEDS A THIRD PARTY HOLDING YOUR MONEY WHILE SCAMMERS DO WHAT THEY DO BEST. THE MARRIAGE BETWEEN EBAY AND PAYPAL IS UNBREAKABLE AND FLAWED FOR A 100% SAFE TRANSACTIONS!!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

In your case of the Gibson guitar,it is Ebay not paypal which is holding your money and decides your buyer wins.

if a case is filed on Ebay,seller pays shipping if he loses,while on pAYPAL,buyer pays return shipping.

You can try calling Ebay and ask for your FVF back,Ebay rep can make decision on the phone,stay calm and sound logical.

sorry for your loss.Dealers are now holding back their nice inventory for the same reason and selling elsewhere online,if you want to klow,I iwll tell you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.