Dispute

Jayme27
What happens if the seller doesn't reply in the given time after escalating a dispute ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

as soon as your file a dispute ,the payment will be withheld by Paypal,seller can still see the payment in his account but it would say on hold ,so once the case is resolved in your favor,it will be returned to you.

now if he has already spent or withdrawn the fund,then he will have a negative balance and paypal will ask him to add fund to turn it neutral.

when you win the case,I have seen two scenarios,either Paypal gives you back the payment in whole  or partial and says it will go after the seller for the rest of the money.

if a seller keeps selling and money keeps coming into his account,then that money wil go to you,if he does nothing ,paypal will make up the difference and pay you,and then go after him,

most active sellers who sell on Ebay,Paypal is their only method to accept payment so they will always have money coming into their paypal account.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

case will close and you are the WINNER !

Login to Me Too

Jayme27
I won't loose my money then ? Been waiting ages for a refund the sellers taking the p***
Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

as soon as your file a dispute ,the payment will be withheld by Paypal,seller can still see the payment in his account but it would say on hold ,so once the case is resolved in your favor,it will be returned to you.

now if he has already spent or withdrawn the fund,then he will have a negative balance and paypal will ask him to add fund to turn it neutral.

when you win the case,I have seen two scenarios,either Paypal gives you back the payment in whole  or partial and says it will go after the seller for the rest of the money.

if a seller keeps selling and money keeps coming into his account,then that money wil go to you,if he does nothing ,paypal will make up the difference and pay you,and then go after him,

most active sellers who sell on Ebay,Paypal is their only method to accept payment so they will always have money coming into their paypal account.  

Login to Me Too

Jayme27
They still selling stuff on eBay so I'm assuming they still using PayPal. Thank you for responding 👍🏻
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.