Dispute was judged in my favor (as a seller), and PayPal refuses to refund my money.

jfreek81
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

As you can see this is my first post, I have been a pretty avid user of eBay and PayPal for the last 15 years but they are really **bleep** all over me in this issue and I am seeming to run out of options.

Here is my issue, exactly as I typed it to PayPal in the help - email section. (To be honest, I expect them to tell me "tough luck" again because they have 3 times already but I keep hoping to get someone who cares about the customers).

Sent to eBay:

Hello,

I have a payment that is shown as "pending" for months and months. It says it is withheld under 'jump start'.

This payment was taken out of my account back September 13, 2017 due to a PayPal dispute on an item I sold. Paypal stupidly refunded the customer before the dispute was complete and took the money out of my account to do so. Once the dispute was investigated, it was found IN MY FAVOR but you still refuse to give me my money back.

During the claim process you decided that the buyer should receive a refund AFTER THEY RETURN THE ITEM. You are still able to check the bogus tracking number the buyer gave you and it still shows it is NOT delivered (returned). Here is all the information straight from the dispute:

Shipment company: USPS

Tracking number: RJ061532705ZA

What To Do Next

Transaction Details

Case number: PP-006-116-275-557

Buyer's name: Arturs <removed>

Buyer's email: EMAIL REDACTED

Buyer's transaction ID: 0E604462FM147890T

Transaction date: June 19, 2017

Transaction amount: $760.00 USD

Your transaction ID: 9F58161469001192L

Item name:

Bitmain Antminer S7 4.7THs, with Bitmain APW3 power supply. Ready to mine BTC!

Item number:

I spoke to a person at paypal after not getting my money returned for months after the dispute was complete. They stated that the $802.19 was not able to be recovered from this persons PayPal account so I cannot be refunded. I was then told that if I sent Paypal the results of the eBay dispute showing a decision in my favor then they might be able to give me my money back.

The person I spoke to then told me there is no way to start another dispute or claim on this issue since it has already been decided within paypal.

So I need help in sending the eBay dispute proof to the correct person or place within Paypal.

My Paypal dispute in this matter is: Status update - Case ID #PP-006-116-275-557

And my eBay dispute in this matter is: Case # 5145664045 and it states that the case is closed with no refund to the buyer because they never returned the item.

So I am begging someone who sees this, please, please give me the contact information of someone at Paypal that I could talk to that might be able to fix this issue.

I have been a loyal and upstanding customer to eBay and Paypal for 15 years and it is a slap in the face every time I open my PayPal Account when I see the $802.19 that was removed from my account and will not be returned to me, by Paypal, a Multi-Billion dollar company.

Sorry for the bold but I wanted to show what I sent them so I can later update this thread with the response.

My user name here is the same as my user name on eBay in case any PP employees see this issue and want to do the ethical thing, which is to return my money.

Thanks,

Jake

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

UnprotectedSell
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen to me, now i am out the money and buyer has my items. Thus doubling his position. Its a shame, they really dont care either it seems.

Login to Me Too

jfreek81
Contributor
Contributor

After spending nearly an hour on the phone I finally got eBay to send me confirmation about this case showing that they did decide in my favor. From what I was told by a PayPal representative, this should be the piece of evidence that will get me my money back. I am not getting my hopes up.

Login to Me Too

jfreek81
Contributor
Contributor

Well Paypal did the dumbest thing I could imagine, no surprise.

They told me I should escalate this issue to eBay and see if they can give me my money back. I responded to them that eBay had already decided in my favor even before they started the Paypal case that took my money. And that the proof was in the attached documents.

Since then, no response.

I currently have a very large negative balance in my PayPal due to a refund. I think I will leave it for the next 7 months and see how they like it. I would of course fix the negative balance as soon as they return my initial $800.

Login to Me Too

AL1964
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck, I’ve been trying something similar for days. I just got off the phone3 way with eBay and pay pal. It seems PayPal sides with the buyers on all disputes. It sounded like a ping pong match back and forth between eBay and PauPal. eBay ruled in my favor so the buyer filed a dispute through Pay pal and they did not even investigate and refunded the buyers money. Description of what happened buyer purchased item checked out left old address for shipping. I purchase eBay shipping label with postage and tracking. Mail package. Buyer checks tracking two days later and sees going to old address. Contacts eBay filesndispute never received item and states went to wrong address. eBay rules in my favor because that was address given during check out. Customer files dispute with pay pal they refund money stating seller should have verified address with pay pal before shipping. I did everything right purchased label with shipping and postage and tracking attached to package and mailed it. Pay pay says they don’t care what eBay says or the pre paid shipping label says. Seller protection says must ship accordingl to pay pals address on file. eBays policy says you must ship to the address provided. They are playing both sides and the seller loses. What a joke shame shame on you.....
Login to Me Too

jfreek81
Contributor
Contributor

Well I am just cutting all my ties with PayPal due to this issue. I have already had to make my bank block any further pull requests from them in any form or fashion. I am trying to figure out a way to pay my monthly bill with ebay without using PP but we will see.

Anyone reading this, just quit using paypal before you get **bleep**, I know they are convenient but sooner or later they will cr@p on you and you will have no recourse (except impotently complaining in forums like this).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.