Dispute question.

Tripodfay
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a game account from PlayerAuctions (which is a trusted trader). Turns out, the account was originally stolen and after a week of playing it, the account was permanently banned from the game by the company that owns it. I bought insurance on the account to ensure that if something like this happened, PlayerAuctions would refund me the cost of the account. 

They were on my side at first, I provided them a ton of proof in the form of: 

Chat with the seller of the account,

Chat with the developers of the game,

Emails between me and the Game's Support

Screenshots proving the account was not tinkered with in any way. 

Player Auctions completely did a 180, and now are requesting all of this information again, they're yanking me around asking for proof I've already provided, and responding once every other day to my support tickets. They seem to be unwilling to honor the Insurance I purchased with the account. I've never disputed a payment on Paypal, but I plan to if this is an acceptable situation. Selling stolen accounts, with insurance on them, then refusing to refund the customer when the account gets banned has got to be reasonable for a dispute.. Right? 

feel free to ask any questions, Ill answer them to the best of my ability. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why haven't you filed a PayPal dispute for item not received?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

Hi Tripodfay,

Welcome to the Community!  🙂

If you're planning on filing a dispute, I recommend viewing PayPal's Purchase Protection Policy first in order to confirm that the transaction is eligible for coverage.  You can find additional information on our Purchase Protection Policy here:  http://bit.ly/2k0SSFH

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.