Dispute deadlines

Lyn1411
Contributor
Contributor
I opened a dispute on unreceived items. I have been in contact with the seller/shipper who said she would refund the money in the next 24 hours. PayPal has informed me that the case will close on the 8th if I don't escalate the claim. Does that mean at midnight on the 8th or at 12:01 a.m.? I just don't want to miss the opportunity to file a claim to get my money returned by a matter of hours.
Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lyn1411

If in doubt escalate. Your seller could refund you instantly, by waiting 24 hours I guess she is hoping the dispute will 'time out'.

Escalate then she can either refund or paypal may force her to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Lyn1411
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much. I told her the information I learned from you and she refunded my money at 12:04 a.m. that automatically closed my escalation case apparently. She had claimed that she had a tracking number and it proved that it was sent/delivered but would never give me the tracking number so I could try to help her get her money returned. In the end she said that I got my money and I should be happy, so I agreed with her.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lyn1411

If in doubt escalate. Your seller could refund you instantly, by waiting 24 hours I guess she is hoping the dispute will 'time out'.

Escalate then she can either refund or paypal may force her to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Lyn1411
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much. I told her the information I learned from you and she refunded my money at 12:04 a.m. that automatically closed my escalation case apparently. She had claimed that she had a tracking number and it proved that it was sent/delivered but would never give me the tracking number so I could try to help her get her money returned. In the end she said that I got my money and I should be happy, so I agreed with her.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.