Discounts super store scam

ritavs
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a laptop computer from what I thought was a legitimate company using my Pay pal account.  The day after I wanted to cancel because I tried contacting customer service from the merchant "Discounts super store" and could not reach them, I looked for a telephone number but there was none.  I have contacted PayPal about unauthorized use/scam.  Paypal came back with no help.  I never received the item.  

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You really should make sure you understand PayPal buyer protection policies before you make a purchase.

You should contact any potential seller and ask questions BEFORE making a purchase.

PayPal cannot protect you from bad buyer judgement.

In this case go to the transaction and file a dispute for item not received.  Make sure you follow all the rule and understand how to escalate the dispute to a claim.

Login to Me Too

ritavs
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

krashkyler
Contributor
Contributor

I did that and Paypal was NO HELP.  Basically sorry for your loss.  Paypal is just as bad as Discounts Super Store.  

Login to Me Too

anita101
Contributor
Contributor
same here. its a scam and paypal indeed will not refund the money even if they know that this website is using paypal to steal money from innocent people! this is not the service i expected from paypal!!! shame!
Login to Me Too

speed455
Contributor
Contributor
Like everyone else scammed by Discount Super Store , pay Glenda Ligutom through PayPal to get an extra 10% off , no tracking number or HP laptop as promised in 7 days , ripped off 280$ . Will be contacting NY attorney generals office...
Login to Me Too

ritavs
Contributor
Contributor

Contact your bank asap and make a claim.  Make copies of all the correspondence, etc.  Contact Paypal as well.  Sometimes if your claim is

legit they will credit you.  Dont give up.

Login to Me Too

anita101
Contributor
Contributor
did it work for you? i did just that and it seemed to work. but after two weeks i got a letter from a different company claiming back that amount on behalf of paypal. my payal balance was negative and could not use it till i resolved the issue. i had no choice but to give in again.
Login to Me Too

ritavs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Anita,

They go back and forth for a while, but start a complaint with Paypal as it seems you did and go to your bank with

any proof that no merchandise was received, this was a scam, etc.  Your bank is the one that ultimately reverses the

charge.  Good luck.  My resolution took 3 months.  But DSS has a history at this point and they are bad news.

Login to Me Too

krashkyler
Contributor
Contributor

My bank couldn't do anything and they said to go through Paypal.  Paypal says go through your bank.  What a joke Paypal turned out to be and they are still allowing Discountssuperstore to operate through them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.