Digital Goods - Selling on Ebay - Unauthorised Claim Chargeback

lusopho
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, 

I listed a few Digital Goods on ebay (Around 10)

They all sold fairly quickly to my surprise! However 3 of the 10 items the buyers disputed the claim saying that there account was unauthorised bla bla bla... a common scam now apparently

Now i researched this beforehand and wanted to try something out, I listed the product in a category that wasn't a digital good, i also specified in the descritiption saying 

Product Desc: Envelope Containing ...... Key

Now paypal are saying i can add a tracking number within the claim, if I post an envelope with the Key in it with tracking will i win the dispute? 

I originally emailed the Keys, but had this as a back up in case. 

Although it is a Digital Product will this work? I'm not going against any of paypal/ ebays policies? What is deemed as a Digital Good in paypal/ebays eyes, is it the description, or the category? Or whatever? 

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does not provide seller protection for digital items.

PayPay requires online tracking number (such as from USPS) for seller protection.

You failed for both, so no seller protection.  You'll also get a $20 chargeback fee.

PayPal is not a good payment service for digital items.  You sell them at your own risk.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.