Did this scammer really refund me, and how long does it take? Family and Friends

QuestionSanity
Contributor
Contributor

Lat e on April 6th, I sent $150 to a scammer via friends and family, here on paypal. When I realized he had stopped communicating with me, I started harrassing him. I had originally used a website to text him from a laptop. I assumed he blocked my number, so I pucked up my phone and pretended to be another victim. My mom did the same thing from her phone, and her boyfriend pretended to be the FBI. lol Anyway, early on April 7th he relented and gave the money back (I think). He sent me a screenshot of his account, supposedly showing that he canceled the transaction. It seemed legit except it had a different transaction ID. My transaction ID is "09646469KL534792M". The Transaction ID in the screenshot he showed me is "5R9402645S1467218". It says -150 with a line through it, and it also says "canceled - money sent". It's April 8th and neither my paypal nor my bank account has the money back in it. Also I was charged a 75 cent fee after paypal said they wouldn't charge me a fee at all. Does anyone have any insight? How long before I see my money again? Do you think he really even refunded me? If not I can keep harrassing him. I can create more accounts. He'll never know if someone is ignorant and trying to buy from him, or if it's me, baiting him again.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

IF YOU DO not get an email from Paypal and not seeing it in your account,then you did notget a refund.

you sent via friend and family,there is no protection.

if you have used your credit card,then file chargeback

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.