Did not receive my Digital Amazon Gift Card

luvdawgs40
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an amazon digital gift card using Paypal digital gifts over 12 hours ago and I still haven't received the e-mail with my claim code. Delivery was supposed to be immediate. Has anyone else had this issue? I have ordered digital gift cards in the past with no issues and usually get them in less than 30 minutes.  Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Bassmobile
New Community Member

As Paypal states, it can take several hours, up to 24-hour to deliver your digital Amazon Gift card.  If more that 24-hours has elapsed, you should contact Paypal Gifts at the toll-free line: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call

Make sure to have your Transaction ID handy to give to the Customer Representative whom answers the call.

Best of luck!

-Bassmobile.org

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

Bassmobile
New Community Member

As Paypal states, it can take several hours, up to 24-hour to deliver your digital Amazon Gift card.  If more that 24-hours has elapsed, you should contact Paypal Gifts at the toll-free line: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call

Make sure to have your Transaction ID handy to give to the Customer Representative whom answers the call.

Best of luck!

-Bassmobile.org

Login to Me Too

luvdawgs40
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I never did get it, but they did give me a refund!

Login to Me Too

KutWrite
Contributor
Contributor

How did you even get hold of a human being to give you the refund?

All I get is hold music and a dumb repeated message.

Login to Me Too

luvdawgs40
Contributor
Contributor

I opened up a dispute on the transaction for the gift card in my Paypal summary. Click on the transaction for which you didn't get your items, then click on report a problem, and fill at the form that will come up. I chose the first choice - that I didn't receive an item I purchased. You'll be able to type a message on the next screen. You should get your refund within a couple of days.

@KutWritewrote:

How did you even get hold of a human being to give you the refund?

All I get is hold music and a dumb repeated message.

Login to Me Too

KutWrite
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply!

Wish PayPal was that fast. I submitted a ticket, got an email that there was an answer, but there's nothing in my "secure in box."

Seems like they're happy just holding on to the float, rather than delivering an advertised product.  Maybe people forget they bought a GC and PP gets to keep the dough.

😞

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

luvdawgs40
Contributor
Contributor

You're welcome... I also didn't get anywhere when I called PayPal. I was put on hold and I think they forgot about me. I finally just hung up! Maybe some people have the time to sit on hold all day. Not me!

Login to Me Too

KutWrite
Contributor
Contributor

That link just takes me to the lame "wrongly guess your question, vague auto-answer" page.

I've called your customer"service" twice. First time, the call dropped after 15 minutes on hold with the dumb message and repeated music. Second time, well, I've been on the same hold for 40 minutes. You guys should be ashamed.

PayPal used to have good service. I guess you don't think you have competition these days. Well, you do.

Disgusting... the IRS answers the phone more quickly!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.