Deposits but no balance

Ferret56
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Ive had a few transactions showing in my account activity but no balance is available to send out. Any ideas about why. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ferret56

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ferret56

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ferret56
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much, that was the issue. I thought I had elected credit card payment for each purchase, but I guess I had forgotten to do that on a recent transaction. Thanks again, appreciate the fast response.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ferret56

Glad it was sorted, but it was only a 'fast' response because I chose to log on shortly after you posted in between present opening..    Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.