Denied dispute

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor

I have an unauthorized transaction for $1400.00 plus fees from my paypal credit.  I was hacked (my wife's purse was stolen).  The dispute was denied and I'm not getting any further help from paypal...What do I do?  I did not make this transaction and have no idea who the people are that took my money.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did the Samsung tablet have your password for PayPal saved on the device?

PayPal would be able to determine if the transaction was initiated from the tablet.  Did you file a police report for the tablet?

How many guests ever come into your home?  Children, grandchildren, friends, or others?

Login to Me Too

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor
Samsung tablet may of had PayPal password....not sure No police report...old Samsung Tab 4 No grandchildren and No one who would make a 1400.00 transaction. Quite old couple...not to old yet. I'm i **bleep**...just pay it to get it out of my life. I have no dedit...this really bothers me. I should not be responsible....but I want it to go away.
Login to Me Too

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor
Samsung tablet may of had PayPal password....not sure No police report...old Samsung Tab 4 No grandchildren and No one who would make a 1400.00 transaction. Quite old couple...not to old yet. I'm i **bleep**...just pay it to get it out of my life. I have no dedit...this really bothers me. I should not be responsible....but I want it to go away.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JoeM4068,

I'm sorry to hear of the theft and the unauthorized activity! If the fraudster used your tablet, that may be why the claim was denied, because a trusted device made the transaction. You can contact customer support to request a review of the situation and explain about the stolen tablet. A representative can take that into account and the situation can be examined again. It may not result in an overturning of the decision, but there's a possibility.

You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

well,Paypal found the ISP matches his pc,so it is denied.

Paypal credit is for purchases,so he should be able to see what has been bought and file UA/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.