Denied dispute

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor

I have an unauthorized transaction for $1400.00 plus fees from my paypal credit.  I was hacked (my wife's purse was stolen).  The dispute was denied and I'm not getting any further help from paypal...What do I do?  I did not make this transaction and have no idea who the people are that took my money.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

WHY IS IT DENIED?

Did you look into the transaction history and see how the money was spent?

Login to Me Too

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor
It was a cash advance...they hacked into my account...added a friend and took out $1400.00 from PayPal credit. Since I've merged hacked I closed up all my back accounts...didn't think about PayPal credit. PayPal is just no help...they say IP address matches my computer???
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What process to think someone took to hack into your PayPal account?

And then, how do you think someone hacked into your PayPal Credit account to get money?

Login to Me Too

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor
I have no idea...they have lots of personal information from my wife's purse being stolen. I know they changed the email address because I had to change it back. Just know it's not my transaction.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Was your PayPal ID and password in your wife's purse?

If someone changed your PayPal email why didn't they change the password to prevent your access?

Does your wife have access to your PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Credit does not permit a cash advance into one's PayPal account.

What make you think it was a cash advance?

Furthermore, PayPal Credit is not always available for a payment; PayPal evaluates each potential purchase.

So explain what happened.

Login to Me Too

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor

It's paypal that told me it was a cash advance...or cash to a friend, whatever that is.   I been in touch with them almost daily and just hear today it was denied.  I don't know how they got into account, they did, they transferred out $1400.00, now i have a negative credit balance of $1440.90 including paypal charges and didn't know what to do?   Lawyer?  That cost money to.   Small claims court? 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

COULD IT BE SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY?

Or someone who comes to your house and use your PC or cell phone or laptop

Login to Me Too

JoeM4068
Contributor
Contributor
No...retired couple. Only my wife and I. I did have a Samsung tablet stolen out of my truck?? But that's been awhile?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.