Debits On Pay Pal Statement

bob1946ltfc
Contributor
Contributor

Items I have bought are shown as deductions on my Pay Pal statement but are also shown as debits on my credit card statement. Have I been charged twice, once by Pay Pal and once by my credit card company ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @bob1946ltfc

That's a great question! 

When you use PayPal to send a payment, you'd have to select how you'd like to pay for the item. If a card is used to pay for the item, the deduction would reflect on your card statement as well as your PayPal activity log. Every transaction a customer processes through their PayPal account is listed in their PayPal activity log. You can view how an item was paid for by going to your PayPal activity log, clicking on a transaction, and review the transaction details page. If after reviewing this information, you still feel you were charged twice, you can report this to us for review. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.