Debit card trouble

Kocheekour
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so. I made a PayPal for my boyfriend and I to share using my email. I linked HIS bed it card first. After a while I decided to delete the account and make myself a new one. I deleted the shared account and then used the SAME email for my own. It worked which means no other account is linked to said email. I attempted to link HIS debit card to my NEW account as I needed to make a purchase for him. The account is saying "card linked to another account". Why? Is there a glitch? I've done this before with a gift card and a SSI card and experienced no problems. No one else is using his card as no suspicious activity is seen and no mis sing funds. It seems as though paypal thinks the old account is still active but I'm unable to log in and remove the card because it was closed and the email is used for my current one! Help!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't make a shared account.  The account is in one name and one SS#.  You cannot link a credit card when it is already linked to another account.

You need to link only YOUR bank and credit card to your account.  

You may get your account limited and closed if you continue to attempt to link it to someone else's accounts.  When you account gets limited, the funds will be held for 180 days.

Login to Me Too

Alliekat722
New Community Member
I'd love to know how to fix this issue. Having Same problems.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.