DEFAULT CARD?

jackdashack
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sent a family member a large amount of money. When my bank choices came up I saw the bank I wanted was labeled PREFERRED so I clicked on by it or CONTINUE. What I didn't notice in my haste was that another account was bulleted from a prior action, not the PREFERRED account. I guess at that time I wanted that "other" account on a prior transaction. This time I caught it after checking MINT and finding out this large sum was to come out of an account I didn't want it to debit, PENDING saved me this time. I rushed to that bank onine and transferred money into the correct account to avoid overdraft.

My question is how to you make each new action reset to the preferred account so that mistake might not be made again. If it's my PREFERRED account I want it to be the DEFAULT account and set to that account each time I log on. Else ... why would it be called the PREFERRED ACCOUNT?

Thanks very much.  jack ":-Dx

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jackdashack
Contributor
Contributor

I think I get it. The PREFERRED account is only default if you buy something online. If you are just sending money to a friend or family it may be marked PREFERRED but it's going to used ONLY and ALONE the account that is bulleted. It is not going to auto take it from PREFERRED. Difference between SPENDING OLINE and GIVING ONLINE. The PREFERRED acts differently. That's all I can figure out.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

gointo y our account profile.finance and make sure you set the preferred payment method to the bank you prefer.

Login to Me Too

jackdashack
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'm sure I wasn't clear but I do have my PREFERRED account set and it says PREFERRED. But another account was bulleted I guess from a prior transaction.

"up I saw the bank I wanted was labeled PREFERRED so I clicked on by it or CONTINUE."

I glanced, saw the PREFERRED account was the one I wanted, clicked CONTINUE, not realizing another account beside PREFERRED was bulleted from a prior transaction. And even now when I go back to the Paypal account the PREFERRED account is marked so, and another account is bulleted. That almost got me into trouble with an overdraft. So why, if you use another account beside PREFERRED for just one action, the next time you come back the non-preferred account is still bulleted and it doesn't auto reset to the PREFFERED ... when it is marked PREFERRED? Maybe there's something I'm not seeing here. Thanks for your generous input.

Login to Me Too
Solved

jackdashack
Contributor
Contributor

I think I get it. The PREFERRED account is only default if you buy something online. If you are just sending money to a friend or family it may be marked PREFERRED but it's going to used ONLY and ALONE the account that is bulleted. It is not going to auto take it from PREFERRED. Difference between SPENDING OLINE and GIVING ONLINE. The PREFERRED acts differently. That's all I can figure out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.