Customers w/o PayPal accounts can't purchase...

Erniii
Contributor
Contributor

When customers go to their cart on our website to check out - it goes to PayPal - but the interface asks them to either sign in with their PayPal account or to create one.  There is not an option just to pick "Pay by Credit Card". What has changed?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Would need a bit more info - for example, what shopping cart are you using  ??

Some web site hosts and 3rd party shopping carts use PayPal Payments Express by default, if they do there's no option to check out as a guest with a credit card even if you do have the credit card option enabled in your account profile setting.  

Other sites like Weebly give you various options for other Payment Processors including PayPal however, if you only choose PayPal as your sole payment processor, then your customers must either have a PayPal Account or create one to in order to complete the checkout process.

Login to Me Too

Erniii
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  Good information.  I've never had this issue come up before - in the last 3 days, I've had two.  I didn't know if PayPal made some kind of change.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Just to clarify - it's not a PayPal change - it's who your web site hosting service is or what 3rd party cart you're using.   Since your original post had no details concerning your site or type of cart you are using, all we can do is guess what's going on from experience.   If you have never had this happen before or you are using PayPal's Add to Cart item buttons on your own web site, then you may want to double check your your account profile settings.  Again just another guess !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.