Customer Service says my account is too new?

brent_mb
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, I have been having troubles adding money to my PayPal from my bank account, it always says there is a problem. I have my bank linked as well as a debit card and all of my identity documents have been presented and accepted. I called customer service to ask what the deal is and I received absolutely no help. The guy asked me what I wanted to use my money for, which should not be of his concern, and he also told me since my account is so "new" it is super suspicous to be transfering money from my bank to my PayPal. My account has been verified by PayPal. It's like PayPal doesn't want me to use them. I am very frusturated and want to know if there is anyway I can resolve my adding money issue/if anyone else has had this many problems with customer service.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brent_mb

That customer services agent sounds like an idiot.

Not sure why you can't transfer the funds BUT did you know that as a buyer you do not need to do this?

When you buy something paypal will take from any linked funding source, if you don't want it taken from the default funding source then click on 'change' during the payment process and select a card instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

brent_mb
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I just set my default payment method to my bank account but I get errors when I try to purchase things. I may have to contact my bank for this one
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.