Credit card transaction trace

Lhermette
New Community Member

I can't seem to find any record of any transactions that were paid through Paypal on a credit card?

How can I trace these?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you are not alone,I think Paypal has major problems and they are not telling us .

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Also search your credit card statements or account online.

I hadn't funded a PayPal payment with an added credit card in eons so I don't know if it appears on PayPal transactions. I just use my PP debit card or a credit card directly (on eBay recently) and it shows up on my cc statement as "PayPal [*seller name/phone no/location]", and not listed on PayPal account at all.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you use your credit card via PAYPAL,it should show up in your Paypal account,activity history.

If not,then search for payment made for a range of dates,it should be there.

but these days,these charges are missing in both Paypal account and credit card statment?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

the paypal business debit card transactions should show up in your Paypal history,as the fund comes from paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I used my credit card and entered my cc number, etc and didn't log into my PayPal account to pay so I technically didn't pay through PayPal, they're just the gateway that processed my cc payment therefore I can see how such a method would not show up in my PayPal account but does in my cc account.  That could be what the OP did and the cc payment not show up on their PP account.

Login to Me Too

puregold48
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker wrote:

I used my credit card and entered my cc number, etc and didn't log into my PayPal account to pay so I technically didn't pay through PayPal, they're just the gateway that processed my cc payment therefore I can see how such a method would not show up in my PayPal account but does in my cc account.  That could be what the OP did and the cc payment not show up on their PP account.

There really should be some way to trace a cc payment that was made using PayPal as a conveyance medium.  I have a charge that I can't remember making, and only have the "name" on my cc account statement to go by.  I have no idea it this is an actual purchase or not...

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Search your emails for the dollar amount or the seller name or date of payment.  If you made the purchase with eBay, you will at least get an eBay receipt.  If not, get a email receipt from the store you bought from.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

as what sharp said OP might have done guest payment.

Login to Me Too

MAGICMIME
Contributor
Contributor

if you just used your card for purchasing.. then you might have been checked out as a guest.. guest acount doesnt have any record on your paypal account.. only paypal customer service rep.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.