Credit card "Currently disabled for Billing Agreements"

jenchilds
Contributor
Contributor

I added a new credit card to my Paypal account a few weeks ago, and set it as Preferred everywhere I found that option.  I've made over a dozen purchases on it, no problem.

I have a couple preapproved monthly payments.  I go into the settings for each payment, and try to set the Backup Funding Source to this new card.  The card is greyed out, and it says it's "Currently disabled for Billing Agreements".

Why?  How do I fix this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

pirulinho
New Community Member

Hello Jen! On the "My Preapprove Payments" window, you need to click on the "Set Available Funding Sources" option and enable your credit card as a valid source. I hope this helps. Happy shopping!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer service.  Click Contact on bottom of page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

who issues you this credit card?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you have a valid credit card why are you passing those funds through PayPal for payments?  Why not just make the purchases directly with the credit card?

Login to Me Too

BonBonKitty
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

If you have a valid credit card why are you passing those funds through PayPal for payments?  Why not just make the purchases directly with the credit card?

That is not an answer. 

Paypal is used so people don't have to give out their credit card number and security code to every company they deal with. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

read your billing agreement

Login to Me Too
Solved

pirulinho
New Community Member

Hello Jen! On the "My Preapprove Payments" window, you need to click on the "Set Available Funding Sources" option and enable your credit card as a valid source. I hope this helps. Happy shopping!

Login to Me Too

BonBonKitty
Contributor
Contributor

@pirulinho wrote:

Thank you so much! This is the only correct answer. But they changed the wording, which is why it was so hard to find this answer. They changed it to "Currently disabled for Payment Agreements". Now, maybe other people will be able to find this answer. Paypal should have this answer on their website, but they don't.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.