Considering closing my account and refusing to refund

begood100
Contributor
Contributor

Hello friends, So I'm new to this paypal thing, a week ago I sold a phone on Swappa website. Everyone saw that I don't offer any returns. Basically the buyer did not like the phone or he changed his mind and he emailed me and said I want to return the phone. Okay I told him I don't accept returns unless the device is in different condition. After few hours he disputed the transection and he said the device is acually in different condition! Anyhow I reply to him and I told him I will refund your money but I will charge you 15% of restocking fee since you used my device and now I have to sell it cheaper.

These stupid Paypal team took decision and said I have to give him a full refund .Basically they don't care if someone uses your phone for a while and returns it. It is easy to say the device is different conditon. My devie was unopened brand new. Now I'm thinking refusing the whole thing, and raising middle F.. on Paypal.

Luckly I already transfered my money from Paypal to my bank, and if Paypal send me a collection I have evidences and prove that my device was brand new and I do not care what Paypal says. They can't rule simply because they can do it.

For me I'm done, I will sell it on Offer up and Craigslist, but I can't morally refund these idiot because I know the reason. It is not about the money, it is about the injustice. The guy already shipped the item back to me, but I might acually keep the item and the money both simply because of this stupd decition by Paypal.

Sorry guys I was quite angry please give me some suggestions. 

Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

IF HE HAS open a dispute on Paypal,the minute he opens a dispute,the payment in your account is withheld and you cant touch it until it is resolved in your favor.

so it is too late now .

item not as described,trump seller return policy,if not as described,you must accept return/

he knows how to play the game,this is the peril of selling ,be it shoes,clothes,phone,hat,dress etc

Login to Me Too

begood100
Contributor
Contributor

I already transfered the money into my bank and I guess what, I will never refund. Probably Paypal will refund but then Paypal is the one who gonna loose money. Not me at this point. Also I found out that Offer up and craigslist are more safer and easier than shipping the item and taking risk. Of course things are different if you are a big seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.