Connect PayPal to Battlenet

Bobadoe
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya, I am a rookie streamer via Twitch and have Donations set up to go to my PayPal. 

Recently a viewer donated to have me use this money in the Blizzard Game Overwatch, so I would need to have my Battlenet account(THe application BLizzard uses for their games and store) to my PayPal.

The steps are simple:
Go to My Payment Options and click Add Payment Method.
Select PayPal from the dropdown menu, and then click Continue to PayPal.

However, when I go to "log in to your exististing PayPal Account" I get this message:

"Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time

Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."
And a button to return to the previous screen.

I woul just like to link these 2 accounts so I may make a viewers money go to where they want.

Other wise, I'll have to move the moiney to bank account, take the money out, put it on a Prepaid debit card I have on my Battlenet in order to use it. That could take the better part of a week.

I'd just like to see what I am doing wrong, or what is wrong with the system.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Bobadoe
Contributor
Contributor

A quick bump to keep this relevant. IF this is frowned upon, my apologies.

I'd just like some input, sorry for sounding like petulant brat.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I'm trying to figure out what really is going on.

Someone gave you money so you could pass the funds on to a Blizzard game.  ( I  guess that seems like you are selling something.)

You need a Battlenet account so you can pass this money (I guess that part seems like a purchase transaction)

It seems strange that you would need to go though a convoluted process for a purchase.

With this all linked to a "donation" it just seems like it would be part of a scam.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Basically, the OP is having trouble linking their PayPal account to Battle.net to use as a payment method.  But the PayPal error message makes it seem like the OP is making a purchase.

@Bobadoe, do you have a vaild credit added and confirmed on your PayPal account?  Also, you need to enable SMS Protect in order to add money to your Battle.net balance.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/3300033

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bobadoe
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

Basically, the OP is having trouble linking their PayPal account to Battle.net to use as a payment method.  But the PayPal error message makes it seem like the OP is making a purchase.

@Bobadoe, do you have a vaild credit added and confirmed on your PayPal account?  Also, you need to enable SMS Protect in order to add money to your Battle.net balance.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/3300033

Yes, I do have both SMS on for Bnet and a card connected to my PayPal.

However, this may be the problem, it is not a traditional credit card, it is a BlueBird recharable debit card.If that does not work the same, then I am a tad upset, but it's my own fault.

Thank you for the reply, still kinda new to all this. Haha. And I hope you can get back to me as to if the BlueBird does not qualify as a sutable card.

@DPCreations the way Twitch works is you play video games live for entertainment, and I was playing a game called Overwatch. In this game you can buy random cosmetic upgrades for characters with real money. So, a viewer donated some money to see me open said cosmetic "loot crates" to see what I get. It's an odd thing to be sure, but entertainment is going weird places these days, haha. It's a rather common practice among the larger Twitch Streamers, of which, I am not. Not by a loooong shot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.