Confusion

SRB2
Contributor
Contributor
I've been highly satisfied with the new PAD option, but can it be used when sending a payment through friends & family to a vendor without receiving an invoice?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Friends & Family payments are essentially personal/gift payments so there is no expectation of delivery of goods in exchange for such payments, therefore PAD would not apply or may not be an available payment option..  Not to mention there are no refunds or buyer protection for F&F payments.  Proceed at your own risk.  You can fund a F&F payment with a credit card for protection instead.  PayPal does frown upon using F&F payment for goods and services.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@SRB2

Buyers are not permitted to use the "send money to a friend or family member" service to pay for goods or services, and sellers are not permitted to ask buyers to pay using the "friends and family" payment service.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal User Agreement

Fees for Sending Money to Friends and Family

You may not use the “send money to a friend or family member” feature in your PayPal account when you are paying for goods and services.

Accepting Payments From Buyers for Goods and Services
Receiving personal payments

If you use your PayPal account to receive payments for the sale of goods and services or accept donations, you must not ask your buyer to send you money using the “send money to a friend or family member.” If you do so, PayPal may remove your PayPal account’s ability to accept payments from friends or family members.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#fees-for-sending-money

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

SRB2
Contributor
Contributor
Some of the sellers I buy from will ask me to send pymt thru friends & family when paying & I'm fine with that. My question is now that pay after delivery is being offered, can that feature not be used in conjunction with SENDING a pymt. vs paying an invoice??
Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@SRB2

No, PAD (Pay After Delivery) is for making purchases. When you send money using friends & family you are not making a purchase.

Sellers who ask for friends & family payments are in violation of PayPal's user agreement. PayPal account holders who violate PayPal's user agreement may end up losing their PayPal accounts.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.