Concern about paypal payment over Craigslist

Bethanybernardb
Contributor
Contributor

I know this subject has already been discussed but I guess I'm not finding an exact answer and maybe hoping for some advice. What would you do?

I've never used Paypal over Craigslist before but after dealing with multiple scammers trying to deal with checks I figured I'd give it a try. However, I've heard of Craigslist scammers over Paypal as well. Also, I'm a first-timer to Paypal so I don't know a ton about it.

So here's my situation...

I'm selling a wedding dress on Craigslist and the buyer I'm talking with seems legitimate...however he's wanting me to send the dress to his niece in New Jersey. He's wanting to send payment through Paypal and he's sent me his email address to request payment. I've debated sending the money request and once it processes I can send the dress but I want to know if he can he cancel a payment once it's been made? Will he have access to any of my information if I do process his payment through Paypal? I feel like I have the upper hand in this since I can choose to send the dress once payment has been received. However, I am concerned that he will be able to cancel his payment after I've sent the dress and I'll be out several hundred dollars.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.