Cnt get money back

Glory12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, pls I made a mistake when creating my PayPal account I choose US and I am not from the US and now I can not get my money back form the account to my card/bank account and I can not not send it out either because it is asking me for a social security number which I dnt have pls how can I go about this and get my money. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Glory12

You won't be able to get your money as you won't be able to verify that account.

You need to start over and open a paypal account in the country where you actually reside.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Glory12

You won't be able to get your money as you won't be able to verify that account.

You need to start over and open a paypal account in the country where you actually reside.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Glory12
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thank you but one more thing can I refund the money back to who sent it and tell the person to send it to my new account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Glory12

Depends what limitations that paypal have put on your account.

Try clicking on the transaction and the refund option is at the bottom of that details page, try it and see if it works.

If not then your buyer should be able to get their money back if they raise a dispute for non receipt of item > then once refunded they can pay you again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Glory12
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.