Class action lawsuit against PayPal

Kikep0912
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I’d like to reach out to everyone who is tired of PayPal’s sick policy and sketchy business. Here what lead me to this: I was paid by 2 friends money as friends and family. When I went to withdraw the first payment to my bank they said there was a 72 hour delay plus the 1 day to withdraw if they didn’t find a issue. The second one I withdrew to my debit card and they also placed a 3 day delay. I have already talked to an attorney and it appears it isn’t the first time PayPal is sued for placing unjustified holds on funds. It appears PayPal is only holding funds to gain interest from the money. Also: it states in PayPal’s policy’s that holds are randomly placed to a very small percentage, yet both of mine in different days were placed on hold. Fun fact: PayPal has already been sued in 2015-16 for these same unjustified practices.

Login to Me Too
239 REPLIES 239

Mzsmarty1988
Contributor
Contributor

My email address is <removed>. I would love to speak with someone about a lawsuit. They continuously hold funds on my account and the customer service is nonchalant about the whole thing. This is not right!

Login to Me Too

seh86
Contributor
Contributor

Would love to be a part of something.

But all of our contact information will be blocked by moderators to prevent that very thing.

I'd suggest making posts on popular social media platforms like re.ddit and Twitt.er and we can potentially find others there.

Login to Me Too

danigc
New Community Member

I'm looking to join for sure. I've never had issues with paypal before. Until I was dumb enough to fall for a Ukraine scammer that purchased from me in Ebay. They said they needed a specific type of shipment method via USPS because of some government regulations. Well lucky me, that shipping method will not track the item once it leaves the US, so they filed a claim right away with paypal and paypal favored them. There is a history of them doing this (a simple google search will show this) for years and paypal continues to allow this. They are promoting theft. Paypal needs to be held accountable!

Login to Me Too

Mzsmarty1988
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently in the process of filing a complaint with the BBB and will be looking on forums to see about joining a class action lawsuit. I am fed up with this unfair process and the nonchalance they have about it!

Login to Me Too

Mzsmarty1988
Contributor
Contributor

Also, just discovered that there is an alternative to Paypal called Stripe. Since they do not want to do right by us in terms of holding funds, the only way we will see results is to mess with their bottom line. Their greed is uncalled for. I am looking into Stripe to see if it fits my transfer needs.

Login to Me Too

Alan1930
Contributor
Contributor
I also would join this. I have Ben on eBay for years I started saling again this year and PayPal put a 21 day hold on my funds I ask why they said I’m new and they do this to everyone so I ask how I can get the funds befor the 21 days they said if it can be shows that it was delivered and no problems the money would be released well the buyers left feedback over 9 days ago and they still won’t release it I have ask and ask and they won’t tell me anything so I had someone buy something from me not on eBay and I get paid and went to transfer the money and PayPal plaster a hold on the transfer wow
Login to Me Too

LouiseAriel37
how to I file class action lawsuit We can’t allow them to get away with this
Login to Me Too

Mzsmarty1988
Contributor
Contributor

Skrill is another, even better alternative to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

seh86
Contributor
Contributor

Posting something in red.dit. Just look/search for newest posts in the PayPal subreddit. 

I've just had the third issue with them in a month. Enough is enough.

Login to Me Too

dianed440
Contributor
Contributor

YES! Please include me in any discussions. You would not believe what they've been putting me through. Ebay and my bank are both telling me that they are not allowed to be holding my funds, and yet they are!  They are filthy scammers and need to be sued for millions. I'm looking for legal counsel as we speak.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.