Class Action Against PayPal for 72 Hour Hold

dzyno
New Community Member

So PayPal placed a 72 hour hold on my funds being withdrawn because it was from a country I don't normally transfer from (though I had done it a couple of times over the previous 2 weeks without a problem).  I phoned in and they claim there is no way and no person able to remove the hold or allow me to confirm the transaction.  One woman said shed not the account and it would take only 24 hours and that appears to have been a lie; the last rep said that they "try to catch the sharks but a dolphin gets caught occasionally" meaning yeah, I'm a good guy and it's my money but too bad.  PayPal's negligence and faulty processes have caused me undo distress and the need to incur additional debt and expenses that I would not have other had to incur.  I would like to connect with others who have experienced the same to pursue a joint legal action against PayPal to recover additional expenses incurred and damages for distress caused by their product.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dzyno

Random security review we all get from time to time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Smj301
Contributor
Contributor
I'm going through a hold for a 2nd time this week. Money sent from a friend local in the US. My first hold was 24 hours this time the email said it can be up to 72. Today is 48 hours. When it actually does go through they STILL charge you their little $.25 fee for an instant 30 min transfer. They profit from this. I was told yesterday it would be here today. It's unbelievable they are getting away with this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.