Claim/dispute refund

dbs11
New Community Member

Folks, I'm needing some help, suggestions here.   About 6 weeks ago I paid an individual $200 for a 6'8" fishing rod for an upcoming fishing trip.  About a week later I came home and found about a 4' length of a cardboard shipping tube left at my door by ups, with nothing in it.  The top 3' was missing.  I immediately let the seller know this and then that same day went to ups and showed them the rod and asked what had happened.  No one knew, but the manager said he would asks the driver later that day when he returned. 

The next day I went back and the manager told me the driver acknowledged he left it, just like I found it (which is against ups policy to leave a clearly damaged container with nothing in it) and that they took pics of the damaged shipping container I left with them and forwarded it on to the claims dept, but that the shipper had to make the claim.  I contacted the seller and he promised me he would refund my $200 no matter what.  I went on the trip and upon returning spent a week in the hospital and another week recovering and after no contact from the seller, filed a claim.  Today the seller informs me that since the rod appears to have been stolen off my porch (claims I told ups that) it's my issue and nothing he can do.   I'll be going back to ups on Monday, but this is really starting to wear on me.  If it was his $200 I'm guessing he'd be a little more proactive with ups.  Ideas???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dbs11

Can't see that it is the responsibility of the seller in anyway so not sure why they would have to lose money.

They sent the item to you and it was delivered.

This is between you and the postal service in my opinion.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dbs11
New Community Member

No, the product never was delivered.  UPS can only verify that the damaged container with nothing in it was delivered and since I was neither the seller or shipper or insurer of such, I can make no claim with the shipper.

Login to Me Too

dbs11
New Community Member

That should have read-"showed them the damaged rod tube used for shipping"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.