Charged for product I didn't authorized for

debgram
Contributor
Contributor

I use Avast free antivirus and tried a trial of one of the options and when the trial was over the popup came up asking to extend it and I didn't respond.  Plus I just looked at the popup again cause even though they took my money it still comes up, well the prices there aren't what they charged me.  What they took from me was way more.  I sent the did not authorize claim to paypal but I was wondering if they would still allow this or will they give me my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@debgram

An unauthorised dispute on paypal is telling them that your paypal account has been hacked and used without your consent, if that was not true then paypal will close that dispute. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@debgram

An unauthorised dispute on paypal is telling them that your paypal account has been hacked and used without your consent, if that was not true then paypal will close that dispute. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

debgram
Contributor
Contributor

So I may have bigger issues going on.  This **bleep** me off.  Apparently, the software automatically sets upgrades, & renews at automatic whether you want it or not.  I don't think they have the right to do so, it should be our option to set it at auto if we want it.  To me, that is like tricking people into buying the upgrade. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.