Chargeback

captchadestroy
New Community Member

Hello,

I have recently sold a shoe to someone and they gifted me two payments to cover the shoe. Upon second payment, I sent th shoe out and have proof of shipping! they filed a chargeback for both payments.. what should I do? my account has been limited and I am no longer able to use paypal. keep in mind the shoes were real!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@captchadestroy

If you mean that you accepted a friends / family payment for a sale then you have broken paypal rules and risk your account being limited by doing so as you aren't allowed to sell and accept payment that way.

However normally a chargeback is done directly via the buyers credit card company and they make the decision and not paypal.

So if the card company find in favour of their account holder then you would have to refund.

HOWEVER if you met all the criteria of seller protection paypal would reimburse you so you did not lose out.

BUT if you have accepted a friends / family payment for selling then you have just completely lost any seller protection that paypal would have provided you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.