Changing source on pre-approved payments from PayPal balance?

amsch
Contributor
Contributor

I have some pre-approved payments set up and some of them have a primary funding source that is my PayPal balance. I want to change that so that they automatically go to my credit card for payment, but there's no option to do that, even if I have a credit card set as backup. I only have a "What's this?" link after my primary funding source with no option to actually change it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi amsch,

My apologies - I may have misread your original post. There is no way to bypass the PayPal balance as the primary payment source for billing agreements. We will always pull the balance first, then use your preferred method. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey amsch,

Great question! You can set your preferred funding for preapproved payment using the steps listed here. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

amsch
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Ashley--Yes, I did try that, but it doesn't give me an option to change the primary funding source, only the backup funding source. It doesn't have a "Change" link after the primary funding source.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi amsch,

My apologies - I may have misread your original post. There is no way to bypass the PayPal balance as the primary payment source for billing agreements. We will always pull the balance first, then use your preferred method. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

amsch
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, okay. It appears that I can make that choice when it comes to recurring payments that are subscriptions, though? (And the odd thing was, I thought I had had a zero balance when this particular recurring payment was billed, and it pulled the money from my bank account. But now I am trying to recall if I originally had a credit card as backup or if I just added that when I was trying to fix the problem.) In any case, you have answered my question, and thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.