Change the default page when clicking on the Buy out button

huotg01
Contributor
Contributor

We are a small charity organisation.

On our web site, we want or donators to be presented by default  with the "long" page to pay with a credit card (instead of the one focusing on those having a PayPal account.

How can I do that ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I am not sure if there is a way to display only the credit card form for standard payment buttons consistently but there is a way when using PayPal Express checkout, you can set it to go to the form but that involves a little API coding.  Even still, it is not 100% and have some limitations.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28461842/paypal-guest-checkout

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to seller preferences > website preferences and turn on PayPal account optional setting.

Login to Me Too

huotg01
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

I already have this parameter set to YES.

Being set to YES, the buyer is presented, very "discreetly" somewhere on the page,  a "continue" button calling another page that displays the whole alternate form asking for name, address, card number, etc, but also present the possibility of login in PayPal for those who have an account. This alternate page is more "obvious" for most people not familiar with PayPal.

When the person click on the "Buy now" button ("Donate" in our specific case), I want to go directly to this alternate page. Very few of our donators have a PayPal account and there are very few chances that they see the small "Continue" button. Therefore there will just decide to not donate.Smiley Sad

Thanks for helping.

Initial page:

Paypal.png

Alternate, and more obvious, page:

PayPal-Alternate.png

Login to Me Too

huotg01
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new to all the PayPal Buy Now process, and obviously I don't know if what I ask for could be done or not, and if it could be done, how to do it.

On the other side, for those more experimented, this question should be not that complex to answer ? When clicking on the Buy Now button, Is it possible to go directly to the long form with names, address, card number, or not ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

huotg01
Contributor
Contributor

Nobody knows ? The question is too dumb or too complex to be answered ?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I am not sure if there is a way to display only the credit card form for standard payment buttons consistently but there is a way when using PayPal Express checkout, you can set it to go to the form but that involves a little API coding.  Even still, it is not 100% and have some limitations.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28461842/paypal-guest-checkout

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you need tech support in how to change your merchant checkout flow: https://developer.paypal.com/support/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.