Cant use Paypal Balance To Make Purchases

firaki
Contributor
Contributor

I am Trying to purchase Goods online. But PayPal always tries to use my Credit Card to make the purchases instead of my account balance. And there is no option to change it too.

Additional Info:- Account type: Perosnal

Account Verified: Both Credit Card (Standard Charted) And US Bank Account.

and further my balance is in USD and the Items i am trying to buy also show the currency in USD, Then what is the problem? Please Help 😞

and also Contacting Customer Support is of no use as they will only send me an automated response.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing when you get to the funding source screen?  You should have an option there to update funding source.

Another thing you should check is your Preferred Payment setting.  Log in to your PayPal, go to the Settings (gear icon), and then click Payments in the menu.  Scroll down to the Preferred Payment and set it to your PayPal balance.  

That way it should default to the balance, and then if it doesn't let you change it at least it will be using what you want.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

firaki
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i tried your settings option method,but all i see is this.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yeah, I have an additional section under Pre-approved Payments for Preferred Payment Method. Odd that you don't. You have multiple funding sources in your PayPal wallet?
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

firaki
Contributor
Contributor

hi, i cannot now even send money to other people, and i cant even withdraw the amount to my credit card. i am so frustrated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.