Cant solve dispute, since its ilegal to return items for me, I dont know what to do.

polakinam
Contributor
Contributor

Hello dear Paypal community. 

Some time ago I opened dispute on Paypal connected to ebay transaction. Dispute is for set of bags, which I later found out they were fake / counterfeit replicas. Problem is, right now Paypal is requiring my action of shipping bags back to seller, but once I went to post office, I got informated it is ilegal crime to ship counterfeit goods, and that its restricted. I also asked all shipping couriers about that, if they can ship it, but they told me its restricted by European Union. Once I was calling about this with paypal consultant, he told me I should hide that the bags are counterfeit, which is absolutely unacceptable and unproffesional to me! Seller also isnt responding to any messages, in any way. He also didnt send me pre-paid shipping label for return, or money to pay the shipping. I had similar problem on Ebay once, they offered me to sign "declaration", I destoryed item and processed refund afterward. 

I will be happy for any kind of response, thanks. 

-Polakinam

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

assuming you are in USA and the seller in Euro zone country?

he cannot print a USA shipping label from his country,thats why no shipping label is provided,you haev to ship them your self.

You dont have to label fake bags as you really have no proof they are fakes,so you should just ship them as bags.

if you have proof from authority they are fake,yes,they should be destroyed ,not returned.

you can call Ebay or file chargeback with cc issuer,it probably would just let you keep or destroy the bags.

Login to Me Too

polakinam
Contributor
Contributor

Im from EU, seller is from China. I have multiple proofs bags are fake as well. For reasons Im not able to open dispute via Ebay, thats why its made thru Paypal. Do I understund it right...I got scammed, so I should pay return shipping? This have to be joke. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

another case of fake ??? from China,when would you guys ever learn?

Paypal has a way of reimbursing you like $35 for return shipping,I never have to use it,but others have.

if you file chargeback with cc issuer,you dont have t o return them

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

sorry,you are in Europe zone,dontknow how your cc issuer would react,in USA,cc issuer would let you keep the bags 

Login to Me Too

polakinam
Contributor
Contributor
It was paid thru paypal directly tho, I cant file chargeback with bank... There have to be another way.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@polakinam wrote:

Im from EU, seller is from China. I have multiple proofs bags are fake as well. For reasons Im not able to open dispute via Ebay, thats why its made thru Paypal. Do I understund it right...I got scammed, so I should pay return shipping? This have to be joke. 

There is no law which said if item is not as dsescribed,seller should pay return shipping,on Ebay they enforce that for domestic orders.

some seller once said if you buy somthing  in store and it does not work,you drive and return it to the store,they dont come to your house and pick them up.

if return shipping with tracking is too much for you,you should have taken it into consideration when you buy from overseas sellers.

Login to Me Too

polakinam
Contributor
Contributor
Well, I would pay the return shipping, if the seller isnt scammer.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.