Cannot cancel order for items no longer made, seller is avoiding me and not cancelling order.

SummerShaddow
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased car care products made by MINI, and I purchased them which went through the nearest MINI dealership.  I heard nothing from them, no shipment notifications, made a LOT of calls and got ONE call back in which I was told MINI did not make the products I ordered.  NO idea why I was even able to order them if they didn't have them and were no longer made.  I told the guy in the parts dept to cancel my order, and he said he was going to ask someone at the BMW dealership (a friend he said) on how to cancel a payment made through PayPal.  He said he would call me back, and he didn't.  I received an email that made NO sense as it states there's an order now for a leather cleaning kit.  Long story short, there is a $118.16 payment sitting in "Pending" without an option to cancel.  It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I've been dealing with this, and I can't find a single soul to help me, not even on Paypal.  This is INCREDIBLY stressful.  Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get this order cancelled without the seller... since they have yet to do anything to help and don't return phone calls etc?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Who did you actually call about the order?  Is there a phone number on your printed receipt?  If so, that should give a contact number.  You could also check the web site where you pruchased and review their cancellatin policies.  They should also have a number to call.

It seems that the seller appropriately do not charge your account yet.  It may be that the charge will just drop off, but phone the numbers on the relceit and web site.

Login to Me Too

SummerShaddow
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.  Thank you for your response.  I already knew who to call because it's the dealership in Birmingham/Irondale, AL where I bought my MINI Cooper.  I'd been calling their parts dept (where the orders go through) and it took forever to get a response.  He said he didn't know how to do an order cancellation with an order paid by Paypal/paypal credit so had to ask someone who works at the adjacent BMW dealership.  He told me he would call me back and send an email, but the only email I got said they cancelled the order, which apparently happened on their end but not on paypal's side.  There was also something in there about an order that was placed for the one item MINI still makes and sells.  The email is just an email, and I don't know what's happening with it.  I tried to call today again and the guy who answered the phone said the guy I was supposed to talk to had left for the day.  He put me through to another phone and I left another message.

Also, I don't have a printed receipt, just the information in Paypal on the pending order.  The email address they use is a bad one as it returns as a send failure.  the number is easy.. because as mentioned it's the dealership where I bought my new MINI Cooper a few months back.

I honestly don't think that the guy in parts is doing anthing malicious or shady, I just think he doesn't know how to cancel this order.  Not sure why he doesn't contact me, though.  I want to purchase the car care products elsewhere, but I've no idea what's going on with that $118.00 at this point.

Thanks again for trying to help.  It's just that I seem to get nowhere and have spinning my wheels for almost 3 weeks now.  I would physically go to the dealership, but they are a 3hr round trip.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, you went into your local dealership and placed the parts order, is that correct?

Here's my thinking.  The order is cancelled.  No money was taken from your PayPal account, is that correct?  I think the "pending" will drop off because there will be no order shipped; payment processing would only occur with shipment.

Login to Me Too

SummerShaddow
Contributor
Contributor

No, I ordered online.  The dealership is a 3hr round trip drive, so I made the order online.

I'm hoping you are correct.  I don't think I've ever had to cancel an order before but for once, and that pending payment dropped off right away when it was cancelled.  That's why I'm so concerned.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Then any cancellation should be initiated online, right where you purchased.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.