Cancelling recurring payment

kat8
New Community Member

How do I cancel a recurring outgoing payment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just go to the name of person or company of the recurring payment you want to cancel and click on the link.  There you should see a way to cancel, next to the "Status" field.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kat8

How to cancel a monthly payment / subscription >>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > and under "manage upcoming payments" top left of page second option down is pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kat8
New Community Member

Okay, I've found that page, now how do I cancel the pre-approved payment?  Sorry for not fully understanding these online processes.

Login to Me Too

kaz210
New Community Member

There is no such link under Settings icon. The are only 2 options in the dropdown: Business Setup and Profile and settings, no mention of payments.

Where can I find it?

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just go to the name of person or company of the recurring payment you want to cancel and click on the link.  There you should see a way to cancel, next to the "Status" field.

Login to Me Too

kat8
New Community Member

When I clicked on the name and the top of the page there is a cancel, when I clicked on cancel it said I was canceling the profile, so I did not do that - not thinking canceling a profile canceled a payment.  This time I did and that is my answer.  Thanks for your assistance and patience. 

Login to Me Too

nealabama
Contributor
Contributor

There is no link next to the "status" column to cancel the payment or anything else?

Login to Me Too

Joel_Pierson
New Community Member

None of the step by step instructions given here or in the Email notification I received titled "You sent an automatic payment" are accurate. Are their different versions of Paypal GUI's? WTF

The steps that got me to the point where I might be able to cancel the subscription are: PayPal-Settings- Payments-Manage Payments.

There is nothing next to the logout button called Profile!  It's titled  "Settings"

I finaly got to the point of finding the recurring payment, selected cancel but got the same fuzzy sounding popup saying I was about to cance the profile of the company that I want to cancel the subscription with!   I didn't complete it either.

Why in **bleep** has Paypal obviously made it so F#$%ing difficult to complete this task. So far, this crap has cost me $200. and a lot of agrivation and time wasted. I went through this same annoying exercise last year with no resolve and now another $100 is gone.

I wrote to PayPal just now saying about the same thing as here.  Have to see what they say.  I beleive I wrote to them last year and received no response but sinse I forgot about the whole deal, I'm not sure!  I'm going to stay on top of it this time.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are canceling the Preapproved recurring payment/subscription etc, by canceling the profile.  When you do it still appears there but marked as inactive or something similar.

Yes, UI's do vary depending on region of your PayPal acct, or if you are logged in a personal or business account, using the new site or the classic site.  Mobile app vs website.  

My profile setting is just a icon of a cog wheel next to the Log out button on the website.  Doesn't say profile or settings at all.

What are you trying to do? Cancel the recurring payment, right?  Go back to where you can cancel the profile, it will cancel the recurring payment.

Login to Me Too

GimmeMyMoney1
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking the same freaking thing before reading your post. This is ridiculous. There is no way this isn't intentional. I have a college degree and yet, I can't find a way to cancel a payment which I never agreed to have recurring.  I removed my credit card, but PayPal indicated any upcoming payments will be processed anyway!  I tried to cancel with the merchant and was told I needed to cancel it with paypal. Nice!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.