Cancelled transaction still went through?

Daeho
Contributor
Contributor
I recently sent a buyer some money and they cancelled the charge since they did not want an echeck. And then I sent the same amount again but this time through card. However, now I am being charged for BOTH payments and it’s a pretty big amount and now I’m negative in my bank account? Is paypal going to send the money back? And how long will that take?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daeho

You or the seller can cancel a 'transaction' but you can't cancel already processing funds.

Once you have clicked to pay those funds can't do a u-turn (even if you pressed it only seconds earlier), they have to process through to paypal and then if the seller has cancelled / refunded those funds are credited to your paypal balance and you can withdraw them back to your bank account again.

(If you paid via debit card then they will go back to your card automatically).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daeho

You or the seller can cancel a 'transaction' but you can't cancel already processing funds.

Once you have clicked to pay those funds can't do a u-turn (even if you pressed it only seconds earlier), they have to process through to paypal and then if the seller has cancelled / refunded those funds are credited to your paypal balance and you can withdraw them back to your bank account again.

(If you paid via debit card then they will go back to your card automatically).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.