Cancelled sending money, but still don't have the balance back??

aschaeffer
Contributor
Contributor
I sent money via PayPal to a relative but they ended up not needing it anymore so I canceled the transaction. It was still in the pending stage so I assumed it would be an easy thing. However, the money pulled from my bank account, the relative never received the money, and it's not a balance on my PayPal to transfer back to my bank. I need help this was almost 5 days ago. Did I really just lose $100??
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aschaeffer

Normally the 'only' time you can cancel a pending / unclaimed payment is if the email address does not exist ie a typo??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aschaeffer
Contributor
Contributor
I thought that as well, however it allowed me to cancel it and it even says it's cancelled under my summary. If I could attach a screenshot of it I would.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aschaeffer

Maybe the email was slightly wrong? Anyway.................

when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.