Canceled transaction

kykenw
Contributor
Contributor

I was going to purchase a laptop on ebay I bid on the item and ended up winning. I had the intention of paying for the laptop with paypal credit but I kept getting the message couldn't approved for the transaction via paypal credit. I kept tryin over and over and accidently checked out without paypal credit selected and immediatly canceled the transaction. I then told the seller I had to cancel the transaction because the only way id be able to pay for it is with my paypal credit line. I received overdraft fees into my bank account even tho I canceled it immediatly and received an email today that paypal will try to take the money out again in 3 days. Both the transaction on paypal and on ebay were canceled the same day as the transaction what am I supposed to do to prevent paypal from trying to take money from my bank account again?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kykenw

You cancelled the transaction, you did not cancel the payment as once authorised it can't be cancelled.

The payment has to proceed through to paypal and then as the transaction was cancelled its credited to your paypal account for you to withdraw to your bank account again.

If the authorised payment fails then paypal will try again a few days later and if that fails they will either use your back up card OR put your paypal account into negative.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kykenw
Contributor
Contributor

Ive already received one overdraft fee into my bank account is there anyway to minimize the damage since I wont have the money in a few days when they try to take it out again?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kykenw

Think its all automated but your best bet is to contact customer services, click on 'contact' bottom of every paypal page and use the phone option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.