Canceled – Authorization

XandmanCORE
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

Purchased some stuff online and after a few days, the online store where I purchased my stuff manually requested for payment. It turns out that there was a problem with the payment process, when I investigated further, it turns out that there was a "Canceled – Authorization", worse part it, money has already been taken from my bank account, and nobody has reached back to me yet regarding this issue, was just going to ask when will my money be returned back to my bank account. So question is...

1. When will the my money be returned to my bank account?
2. What caused the Canceled – Authorization?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi XandmanCORE,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community forum. When an authorization is denied, this is typically related to either the merchant canceling the order or the payment being denied by the bank or card company. Authorizations can cause funds to go on hold with your financial institution, but if they don't allow the payment, then PayPal never receives any money and the bank or card company would be responsible for returning those funds to you. I would advise reaching out to them to see what you can find out. I hope this helped!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi XandmanCORE,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community forum. When an authorization is denied, this is typically related to either the merchant canceling the order or the payment being denied by the bank or card company. Authorizations can cause funds to go on hold with your financial institution, but if they don't allow the payment, then PayPal never receives any money and the bank or card company would be responsible for returning those funds to you. I would advise reaching out to them to see what you can find out. I hope this helped!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.