Can't send money with my Paypal credit

Fried_Jabberwok
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent money to family members before, but when I try today it tells me "Your payment method isn't working. Do you want to try again with another card or bank?"

I am using my Paypal credit and I have plenty of credit on it.

Not sure why I am being denied now, is there something I have overlooked?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Fried_Jabberwok
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all of you for viewing.  Perhaps someday someone will have some insight.

Login to Me Too

j9scorpio
New Community Member

Hi, I am having the same problem today. Did it many times before and today it's giving me that same message it's goving you. Maybe there's a glitch in the system, but at least paypal could have sent out an email if such is the case. I emailed the help center with the problem and hopefully they'll get back to me soon. If they do before you get an answer, I'll let you know what they said.

Login to Me Too

Fried_Jabberwok
Contributor
Contributor

That would be AWESOME!

Login to Me Too

bubbaeco
Contributor
Contributor

Same error "Your payment method isn't working. Do you want to try again with another card or bank?"

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same problem. I just started a thread in 'about settings'

I feel like I am being given some bizarre unnecessary 'runaround' by paypal wuthout any valid reason, other than to waste my time.

I added the current account and have successfully verified with code so I could refund a buyer, but just noticed it says funds are coming into my account by 'echeque" wtf is that??

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

I should add, paypal system refuses to let me re-add my bank debit card. I have messaged them but they always reply with totally irrelevent gobledegook that bear to relation to the question and are f.ing useless.

Login to Me Too

Fried_Jabberwok
Contributor
Contributor
So called PayPal customer service. They said they had locked my account because of some strange behavior. I had to answer a bunch of questions. Now I am waiting on it to be reinstated. I would call them and see if that is what happened to you all also.
Login to Me Too

MLC1

t me know if this works for you.. I am curious about sending money with pay pa credit line as well.. I havent tried it as of yet.. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Fried_Jabberwok
Contributor
Contributor

Worked like a charm, once they finished thier investigation everything was fine.  Sent the money without a problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.