Can't receive payments?

katrin98
New Community Member
My father tried to send me some money via PayPal. He lives in germany, I live in brasil. But it appears an error which says "this receipient cant accept personal payment". Why is that?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Likely because you live in Brazil.  Check with Brazilian money restrictions and PayPal policies for Brazil.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal said she could receive payments.

if he is in Germany,his currency is Euro,your currency is Brazilian real,so there will be conversion fee of 3%,then depends on where his money come from,if credit card or debit card,more fees.

are you blocking foreign currencies?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@katrin98

Brazilian PayPal accounts cannot receive personal payments. The payment will need to be sent as a purchase and the recipient will be charged a payment receiving fee.

International payments: 7.4% + R$0.60 BRL

Domestic payments: 4.99% + R$0.60 BRL

Here is info posted by PayPal staff on this topic...

"As of June 21st, 2011 you cannot send personal payments to anyone in Brazil. This is to comply with banking regulations in Brazil, so while we would like to give you the option to send personal payments, we have to follow the rules. Your only option now is to send a payment for goods or services, which does include a fee."

www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-money-Archive/Why-I-am-unable-to-complete-personal-payments-to-a...

https://www.paypal.com/br/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_BR#exhibit_A

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.