Can't purchase Amazon gift card from paypal?

Klaz48
Contributor
Contributor

So I have $80 in paypal balance, and i'm trying to buy a amazon gift card from paypal (www.paypal.com/Buy/Online‎) and I was able to do it yesterday, but today i'm getting the error

"Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

anyone have a clue why, and how i can resolve it?

*NOTE* I paid with paypal balance yesterday and it worked
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Pattiecakef
New Community Member
I just tried to purchase an Amazon gift card through the site gyft... I have money in my wallet and they gave me the same response. They don't want us purchasing from Amazon. I'm really **bleep** it's my money!
Login to Me Too

Sparks3763
New Community Member
Having the same issue trying to convert my PP balance from eBay sales into amazon credit for Christmas gifts. First $100 Amazon GC purchase went fine and redeemed fine. Now it won’t let me purchase anymore Amazon cards even with plenty of balance left.... Ridiculous considering EBay/PayPal already double taps you with EBay listing fees and PP transaction fees....
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble purchasing Amazon gift cards. It sounds like you're probably hitting our internal security for risk. Gift cards have a higher risk associated with them, and are therefore often affected by our security due to this. 

Payments can also often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity. We decline some payments to help protect you from any possible fraudulent activity. If you've verified all your transaction activity and don't see anything suspicious, you can try to complete the payment again.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ramki

Hi,

I tried it n number of times and I still get this same error message

"Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time

Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

Could you please look into it and confirm it is not a system releated issue.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi ramki,

Regrettably, we wouldn't be able to take any kind of action here. This would need to be looked at on an account level, which means you would need to contact us so we can help. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.